Reading Schedule for Hear and Now, Living in the Spirit
In the Preface, Henri has this to say about this book of brief meditations:
“The various meditations in this book stand on there own. They can be read independently of each other. Still I have tried to weave the different mediations around some larger themes, so that when read together, a coherent vision of the spiritual life becomes visible.”
November 28th to December 1st: Reading Assignment – Preface
Welcome and Introductions
December 2nd to December 8th: Reading Assignment – Chapters I to IV
Themes: Living in the Present, Joy, Suffering, Conversion
December 9th to December 15th: Reading Assignment – Chapters V to VIII
Themes: Disciplined Living, The Spiritual Life, Prayer, Compassion
December 16th to December 22rd: Reading Assignment – Chapters IX to XI
Themes: Family, Relationships, Who We Are
December 23rd to December 24th: Reading Assignment – Afterword
Concluding reflections on living in the Spirit
How to Submit and Reply to Comments
- Make sure you are commenting on the most recent post. If you are unsure, click on the “Home” tab on the left-hand side of the black bar below the photo. When the page reloads, the current post will be at the top and immediately below the black bar.
- At the bottom of the current post you will see ##Comments in small text. That is the link to the comments. Click on that link and then you will be able to read all the comments that have been submitted.
- You may “reply” to any comment or submit a new comment of your own.
- To submit a New Comment, scroll all the way to the bottom of comments submitted by others. There you will see a Comment box where you can add a New Comment.
- To reply to an individual comment, click on the underlined word “Reply” immediately below the comment. This will open a new comment box where you can Reply to that comment.
- Please note that when comments are submitted they are held for moderation so it may be several hours before you see your comment posted.