Here is the reading schedule for the Lent 2023 book discussion of The Inner Voice of Love: A Journey Through Anguish to Freedom by Henri Nouwen
February 22 to February 25: Introduction and A Suggestion to the Reader
(pages. xiii to xxi)
First Week of Lent, February 26 to March 4: “Work Around Your Abyss” to “Bring Your Body Home” (pages 3 to 20)
Second Week of Lent, March 5 to March 11: “Enter the New Country” to “Follow Your Deepest Calling” (pages 21 to 44)
Third Week of Lent, March 12 to March 18: “Remain Anchored in Your Community” to “Community” (pages 45 to 69)
Fourth Week of Lent, March 19 to March 25: “Accept Your Identity as a Child of God” to “Claim the Victory” (pages 70 to 92)
Fifth Week of Lent, March 26 to April 1: “Face the Enemy” to “Keep Choosing God” (pages 93 to 115)
Holy Week, April 2 to April 8: “Conclusion” (pages 116 to 118) and A Look Back at Our Lenten Journey (revisit meaningful parts of the entire book)
How to Submit and Reply to Comments
- Make sure you are commenting on the most recent post. If you are unsure, click on the “Home” tab on the left-hand side of the black bar below the photo. When the page reloads, the current post will be at the top and immediately below the black bar.
- At the bottom of the current post you will see ##Comments in small text. That is the link to the comments. Click on that link and then you will be able to read all the comments that have been submitted.
- You may “reply” to any comment or submit a new comment of your own.
- To submit a New Comment, scroll all the way to the bottom of comments submitted by others. There you will see a Comment box where you can add a New Comment.
- To reply to an individual comment, click on the underlined word “Reply” immediately below the comment. This will open a new comment box where you can Reply to that comment.
Please note that when comments are submitted they are held for moderation so it may be several hours before you see your comment posted.