We look forward to beginning our Advent book discussion of the newly published Community by Henri Nouwen on Wednesday, November 24th. Here is our reading schedule.
November 24th to November 27th
Foreword by Robert Ellsberg
Introduction by Stephen Lazarus
November 28th to December 4th
1. From Solitude to Community to Ministry (1993)
2. Spiritual Formation and Community (1977)
3. Finding Solitude in Community (1978)
December 5th to December 11th
4. The Faces of Community (1978)
5. Called From Darkness (1982)
6. The Broken World, the Broken Self, and Community (1987)
December 13th to December 18th
7. Holding Ground (1987)
8. From Communion to Community: The Contemplative Journey (1991)
9. A Spirituality of Community (1992)
December 19th to December 25th
10. From a Heart of Stone to a Heart of Flesh: Conversion and Community (1995)
How to Submit and Reply to Comments
- Make sure you are commenting on the most recent post. If you are unsure, click on the “Home” tab on the left-hand side of the black bar below the photo. When the page reloads, the current post will be at the top and immediately below the black bar.
- At the bottom of the current post you will see ##Comments in small text. That is the link to the comments. Click on that link and then you will be able to read all the comments that have been submitted.
- You may “reply” to any comment or submit a new comment of your own.
- To submit a New Comment, scroll all the way to the bottom of comments submitted by others. There you will see a Comment box where you can add a New Comment.
- To reply to an individual comment, click on the underlined word “Reply” immediately below the comment. This will open a new comment box where you can Reply to that comment.
Please note that when comments are submitted they are held for moderation so it may be several hours before you see your comment posted.